Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hard Habits

Like most people I know, I began 2010 with a long list of lofty goals. However, it's just past the middle of February and I'm already falling into a weird (and completely reason-less) funk! Ugh!

I think the majority of it is that I'm still waiting on two major life changes - and the answers to both are long overdue! First, I put an offer on a house in AUGUST 19 (5 months ago today - exactly). I got approval on the first loan back in November, and am still waiting on the bank to take it's sweet sweet time in approving the second. It's a bit ridiculous, but it's pretty much everything I wanted. I've already told myself that if it falls through, I'm not meant to be a homeowner at this point in my life and Greg and I will get an apartment together after the wedding.

Additionally, I'm also waiting to hear about an advising job - something I've wanted to do since I started in higher education. Both situations are out of my control...and both situations are excruciatingly aggravating. And these predicaments both require patience, something I don't have much of to begin with. And since my patience is wearing thinner by the day, I'm falling into bad habits - comfort eating, not going to the gym, and getting mopey. Unacceptable - this does not help me achieve my goals. So since tomorrow is a new day, I will force myself to snap out of it, eat a healthy breakfast, and get my butt to the gym at lunch (so I can't talk myself out if it!!).

In other - amazing - news, Greg and I are engaged! We've been having a blast planning the wedding thus far. And I'm going to spend the rest of my life with my best friend - the man who loves me and understands me, even when I'm in the worst funk ever. So when I think about it this way...I should just drop this funk and get happy. Done...I hope!

No comments: