Thursday, September 4, 2008

Refining the Focus

Yesterday I discussed my determination to focus on my health. However, after an incredible talk with Greg last night I discovered that I am placing my focus in the wrong place. I need to focus on God, plain and simple. Looking back, I realize that the only time I feel like all the other "priorities" in my life were in line and in focus was when I was constantly and actively seeking God. Seriously - I remember it clearly. Summer of 2006. That was when I lost 30 pounds. That was when I loved and felt good at my job (even though it took up all my time). Therefore, I have refined my focus. I want to focus on my relationship with God because I realize that it is the right focus and the only way I will thrive at all of the things I am supposed to thrive at.

I'm realizing just how much of an up-and-down journey my spiritual life will be. Sometimes it thrives; sometimes it just plain sucks. However, even when it sucks, I need to continue seeking. Even when I find nothing, I need to continue looking. And even when I feel totally lost, I cannot stop moving.

Health, work, school and my relationship are still priorities...but before any of that can be in balance and thriving, I need to get right in my spiritual life.

No comments: