Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Next Decade

My 30's are almost upon me. But before I ring in the new decade, I wanted to write one more tiny blog post. You see, I had a plan to write some big, monumental "what I learned in my 20's and what I plan to do in my 30's" post...but that wasn't in the cards. It may have been if I'd plan a little better, or goofed off a bit less. But you know what, I enjoyed all that time goofing off...so it's fine that the long post took a back seat to that.

So what was the biggest lesson I learned in my 20's? I would say this: some of the best things that happen in life are unplanned. In fact, most of the groundbreaking changes in my life during the the past few years were very unplanned. My new side career as a photographer, my career with DoD, meeting my husband, stumbling upon a lifestyle that keeps me feeling and looking great, etc. So in this next phase of my life, I want to be more open to what God may bring to my life.

And while I remain open, I also vow to remain gracious, with both myself and others. Because I find that as I am more gracious with myself, I take better care of myself. And if there is anything I learned in my 20's, it is that I am no good to this world if I don't take care of myself.

So there you have it...my short, simple, 30's manifesto: be open and gracious. So here's to the next 10 years. May the be as blessed as the last 30 have been.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're beautiful... and always have been. I know your next decade will be grand!