Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Side of the Equation

Greg here.

So this is my first official blog entry. I don't believe I've ever blogged or online-journaled before, so bear with me as I figure this, and myself, out.

That's really what this blog is about--Rachel and me figuring ourselves out, and hopefully providing some answers and advice for some of you who may be in similar situations. I tend to be pretty literal and logical, so my posts may not be as lofty as my counterpart; but I believe that is needed as well to, well, balance us out.

I'm 22, in the middle of paying my way through college with a full-time waiting job (soon to expand and be even busier with an attached wine shop), and live a half hour away from Rachel up one of the busiest stretches of highway in the country. My parents are currently split up, and I have taken the responsibility of taking care of the bills, my disabled sister, and my not-so-young younger brother. It's been exceptionally hard trying to balance all of that with attempting to have some sort of social life and maintaining my relationship (as well as my sanity), but this is probably the best I've felt about my life in a very long time...maybe even my entire life.

From me, you'll hear stories, quips, bitching, cynicism...I may not always agree with Rachel, but we always figure it out.

No comments: