Saturday, October 25, 2008

Starting Over

My goals are still in tact, but all the schoolwork due last week through a kink in my running plans. As a result, I went nearly a week without doing a single run. I'm starting back up with week 2 of my running program so I don't fall too far behind. This morning's run was hard, but I felt so good afterwards.

In addition, Greg and I finally made a pact to start eating better - our habits are getting out of control. A few times a week, we'll go to the grocery store, grab a loaf of Italian bread and consume the entire thing...at 10 or 11pm! Not good if you're trying to lose weight (or in general). So tomorrow starts the habit of making lunch for the week. We're going to use the crockpot to make about 12 servings pasta e fagioli soup and the breadmaker to bake some english muffin bread. I'm pretty stoked. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while, because I know I won't lose weight until both my diet and exercise habits get under control.

In the meantime, I've been looking for pictures and quotes to inspire me through the beginning...always the toughest part of forming a habit. I plan to share them on a weekly basis (which will also help with my habit of reflecting and writing). Here are the picks for this week:

I chose this picture for a few reasons. First of all, it reminds me that a healthy lifestyle is a journey, and a long one at that. Also, it helps me remember that I need to have a goal I'm working toward, or it's hard to stay motivated. And lastly, it shows that if I make balanced, healthy lifestyle choices, the reward will be incredible (as I'm sure the view is incredible from the top of Mt. Rainer).

This weeks quote is directly correlated: If you don't do what's best for your body, you're the one who comes up on the short end.

* Quote by Julius Erving. Picture by Jim Frazier.

No comments: