Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Almost Awesome Birthday

It was so close! The snow was here, but we still only got a two-hour delay at work. How awesome would it have been to have a snow day for my birthday! Oh well. Anytime my birthday ends up being on a Monday, I pretty much know it's shot...especially when that Monday entails a class until 10:00 p.m. That being said, I've had some very different thoughts about birthdays as of late.

Remember when birthdays used to be such a joyous occasion? Remember when it was fun count down the hours until you turned a certain age (ahem: 21!). I do. I used to love birthdays! Recently, I've actually started to forget two things: 1) how old I am - and dating someone a great deal younger doesn't necessarily help me in that regard; 2) that my birthday is approaching. When I woke up on Monday, I seriously was like "Oh yeah, it's my birthday. I should be excited right?" All this to say, for some reason, birthdays have become pretty anticlimactic (perhaps because it means I'm getting older...AHHH!)

However, I still love having a day where you can spoil yourself for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Therefore, because my "real" birthday was overhauled by work and class, I am officially moving it to Sunday this year. Therefore, I can have a wonderful sunny day and can spend time with the people I love, relax, and do whatever the mood deems worthy.

So, this blog really had nothing to do with balance...but I think that's what's so beautiful about it. The moral of the story - if you want balance, you can't be thinking about it all the time!

No comments: